Thursday, September 09, 2004

Uh, Title...Hummm.... The Menards Story

I promised the story....so here it is:

Me and my parents went to Menards to pick up some stuff to install a phone extension in Grandma's room and (Hooray Hooray) carpeting in my entry way since the old stuff was moldy and gross and I'd been after Dad for ages to get me some new stuff. Well we wandered around looking and discussing house decorating (like trying to convince Grandma into letting me paint the kitchen orange. It's not like she can see it.) when we came upon the carpet section.

This guy was doing some thing ( I suspose I should call him and employee, but that somehow sounds stuffy) with the remanant conveyor belt thing (which is very cool and mildly entertaing to watch by itself. Sorta like a baby carnival ride. Humm...I wonder...). While the employee was cutting our piece of carpet (It's dark green if your curious) I was telling mom and dad about the creepy garbage guy at work (Erin, remember the cap and suspender guy?). Well Nick (That's the carpet guy) thought that was hilarious and busted out laughing telling my dad how he'd had a crappy day and that was funny.

Then he had to go punch some number crap into his little computer and my mom was looking at these welcome mats trying to get dad to buy her one.

I rub it. Look at dad.

"You can't buy it."

"Why?"

"because someone will ask me where I got my rug burn and I'll have to say I tripped and skinned my self on the door mat."

Nick lost it over at the computer and my Dad just said "only you."

Then later after moving on to a different department I remembered I needed some Scotchguard for my chair so my dad sends me back to ask the carpet guy. I come up behind him and yell "Hey Nick" which I'm sure he immediately thought I was stocking him. But I tell him what I need and he politely brings me over to the proper shelf. I grab a can and Immediately turn around to ask my dad a question and smacked poor Nick in the head with my carpet that I'm carrying.

When I ask how much I need, he asks how big my chair is . My anwser: big enough for me to sit in. He was still perplexed when I left.

No comments: