Thursday, October 07, 2004

Of all things....and monkey barf.

I have this problem.

My name is Lisa, and I cry at movies.

The Little Mermaid. Cried at that. Troy. Yummy. I cried at that. Come on, Brad Pitt dies. It's safe to say I also cried during Legends of the fall, Meet Joe Black, and A River Runs Through it. Let's see, what else. Titanic, Pearl Harbor, even though I didn't really like it, The Notebook, Fried Green Tomatoes, Frequency, The Green Mile, The very first time I saw Dirty Dancing, I think I was like ten, Little Women, Gone with the Wind, I think you get the idea. The list goes on and on. I did cry during Alice in Wonderland, but I wanted to go home at that time and Alice couldn't. Totally different kind of thing.

I still cry during The Patriot and that's my favorite movie. I can finally handle Heath Ledger dying, but when that little girl starts talking to her dad again. Man, my eyes well up all by themselves.

Anyhow, Toshia finds this strange curse of mine funny. We went to see Moulin Rouge and while Nicole Kidman is dying, I'm bawling, and Toshia is laughing at me. This weekend Moulin Rouge is playing on campus so I decided to go with Becky. I did really well until Ewan McGregor started crying. So as a few glistening tears are leaking out, I decide to find something else to counteract the waterworks. That's when I noticed that in that scene, Ewan looks like a constipated monkey trying not to throw up. This statement worked rather well. I then had to try not to laugh at this sensitive and climatic moment in the film. Holding back laughter makes my eyes water also I guess.

Not pretty.

No comments: