Thursday, March 17, 2005

A Quest for Green Beer.

It all started when Becky started talking about going out for some Green Beer on St. Patty's day. Then came the revelation that Toshia might be allergic to beer. Then, I noticed that National Treasure was playing at the cheap seats.

I will admit, I was a bit skeptical about it when it first came out, but it got me curious. Renee doesn't want to see it because if the History was wrong, it would bug her, and I was afraid for the same type of reasons.

After this, I finally ended up at the movie theater with Toshia and Anna....And loved the movie. I don't know how wonderful it would be to show in a History classroom, but it does to some extent make history look fun, and involved, and they are sorta "doing history." And of course, this is annoying to all of you who have no idea what I'm blathering on about.

Anyhow, we decided to head to McDonald's afterwards for their Shamrock Shakes. Not exactly Green Beer, but still in the spirit. And THEY WERE OUT. Who the hell doesn't order TONS of mix for St. Patrick's day? (Apparently our McDonald's) So I'm stuck with a regular Vanilla shake and really dry chicken Mcnuggets.

So there I was, walking to my building in a sweatshirt, tank top, and flip flops, drinking a shake and holding on to the freezing cup in 23 degrees. Wouldn't my Irish ancestors be proud? Just like 'Ol Patty knocking the snakes out of Ireland. Not exactly my Green Beer now is it?

No comments: