Monday, April 18, 2005

I know I Looked Like a Bag Lady, But Still. . .

Today while I was at the library I got two distinctly disgusted looks from two men who were in no position to be tossing them around.

First of all, I was dressed like a hobo because I was lazy. It was my JP's outfit, but with non-holed jeans, a white bra, and my brown snap shirt tossed over the top so my strappiness wasn't so obvious.

I set my stuff down at a computer in the 3rd floor comp lab and this BIG (as in very round) guy with long brown greasy hair shoots me a dirty look. And then continued to look disapproving and grunt at me the entire fifteen minutes I sat their to shoot Renee my bibliography in an email.

I then progressed downstairs thinking I'd get some of my Ethnic Studies readings done. Once I negotiated the materials away from the grumpy guy at the circulation desk I made my way to my normal table. I like the one right in the middle on the first floor. I get to watch the bathroom traffic and sometimes it's rather entertaining. Today however, somebody was sitting there, so I had to take a less trafficked area. And at the table next to me, another BIG (see note above) guy with a greasy brown ponytail sat sneering at me and drinking his coffee.

Gads. Can't nobody just leave me alone?

No comments: