Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Squabbles All Around

Ha. It just kills me. Today's squabbling rant is about the CMT Video Awards. I checked out some of the message boards to see if others enjoyed the show as much as I did.

Yeah right. So far, I have never seen so many Negative Nellies in my life! There were comments about how the award show used foul language, did not honor Chris Ledux, wasn't country, but all sorts of other generes, how artists should show up for award shows, and how Keith shouldn't have won Video of the Year.

Somebody please knock me in the head. These things are fan voted awards on a music channel website. They are not something voted on by the Nashville establishment or even music people. And what happened to "if you can't say something nice?"

I will take some guff because I make TK cracks, but his video really annoyed the piss out of me. It wrecked the song for me and it took forever before I could listen to it on the radio. I was just happy that no one artist took all the categories.

No comments: