Monday, May 02, 2005

Movie Review: Friday Night Lights

Today while Tosh was at work, I finally got around to watching Friday Night Lights, staring Billy Bob Thorton and Tim McGraw.

What can I say. It's a football movie. It's about some boys down in Texas playing football, where, we've all heard it before, football is serious business. Friday Night Lights is grittier and not as happy as the spirit lifting Remember the Titans, or as comical and eye-candy filled Varsity Blues. The best part hands down was Tim McGraw's portrayal of an alcoholic bastard. It still has it's charm though.

One of those charms would be the ever adorable Garrett Hedlund (Patroclus from Troy with Mr. Sex on Legs), who as it turns out is from my very fine state of Minnesota. I guess I can find me some hottie hometown boys too.

*Takes a minute to fan self*

Another delectable person to watch, and melt at the knees when you listen to him talk is Lucas Black. MMMmmm, I sure love a boy with an accent.

No comments: