Monday, June 06, 2005

And They Say Young People Are Disrespectful!

Saturday afternoon it was pouring rain. The saying "raining cats and dogs" was probably used excessively. And I was a good girl. I took my grandma grocery shopping.

When I went to leave, it was tossing buckets of water down, and I was inching out of my parking spot between the two trucks towering over my car, when BAM! I lurched into another vehicle.

I get out and check the damage. Nothing. No ding, so scratch, not even a paint chip. I turn to the driver of the minty green mini-van/suv, a man 'bout ten years my dad's senior, and he rolls his window down about four inches and asks for my insurance information. I give it to him, along with my driver's license which he rudely asks for. Then he hands me them back with a slip of paper containing his info and says, "if it's under $500 do you just want to go through insurance." By now, I'm soaked like a rat and staring gape mouth stuttering "there isn't any damage!"

What kind of pathetic asshole doesn't even get out of his car to assess the damage?

No comments: