Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Rhubarb Football

This morning I took a quick jaunt up to SCSU to purchase my parking permit (which took a heavy chunk out of my paycheck) and I was listening to Matt and Amy on the morning show. They mentioned something about a town in Minnesota that had like Rhubarb days or something and one of the activities citizens participated in was rhubarb football.

I of course had to call the radio station to tell my rhubarb story. At my parents' house, there is rhubarb that grows about as big as a baseball bat. This was met by stunned silence and then, "No Way!" with a bunch of Amy's giggles. When I said they lived in North Dakota, Matt said, "They always say everything is bigger in Texas, but I guess that's just not so when it comes to Rhubarb."

We hung up without me requesting any thing, but the next song they played was Keith's Making Memories of Us, which has been in the #1 spot for four weeks now. I tell ya. It's fate.

No comments: