Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Do You Want To Read A Blog Entry About A Cute Little Elf? (Movie Review)

Well, you have come to the wrong place. This is my depressing review of Lemony Snicket's Series of unfortunate Events staring funny man Jim Carey.

This movie is wonderful. Dark, gothic, and engaging with a vintage feel. I don't think I have enough vocabulary to properly describe it before I start sound like Katie Holmes saying how "amazing" Tom Cruise is. (Gack!)

The cinematography is wonderful, whether it's computer inserted or not. The young actors portraying the main characters are magnificent fits. Jim Carey is probably THE only actor today I could imagine playing the dastardly chameleon Count Olaf. My only snarky comment is that I can think of way sexier and mysterious voices to take on the narrator role of the mysterious Lemony Snicket than Jude Law.

I'm holding hopes for another movie with this spectacular cast. Perhaps based on the next few books?

No comments: