Friday, July 22, 2005

Fun Keith News:

Urban Signs Movie Deal

Keith Urban will try his hand at acting after signing a developmental deal with Melee Entertainment, whose films are distributed by Paramount Pictures. His publicist told CMT Insider that Urban has not yet seen a script and has no idea what type of movie might be offered. Noting that the deal is for one film only and won't necessarily be released to coincide with one of upcoming Urban's albums, the publicist emphasized there is "no timetable on the movie and frankly no timetable on an album." Melee Entertainment founder and president Bryan Turner formed Priority Records in 1985 and spent 16 years as its chairman. In 1988, Turner signed the rap group, N.W.A., featuring Dr. Dre, Ice Cube and Eazy-E.


I've known about this for about a day and a half now, and have been really quiet. A lot of the gals on the boards have said they need this to "marinate," others are unhappy, and the rest are completely ecstatic. I'm sort of...numb.

I really don't have a problem with this, and I'm very excited. I don't have strong feelings like everyone else is projecting. I think it might be because of how notoriously long movies take, or maybe because it's not guaranteed to happen. It could also be because I'm tired as hell, stressed, impatient for my September concert, and fustrated because the Live DVD hasn't been released yet.

The bottom line is that Keith is my guy and I give him absolute support in everything he does. I hope the rest of his fans understand how long this mainstream recognition has been coming for him and how he needs our support. Besides, who wouldn't wanna look at that gorgeous mug up there on the big screen.

No comments: