Thursday, July 28, 2005

Way Out In The Middle Of Nowhere

Last night was, of course, the Brian McComas acoustic concert. There was one fabulous bonus. He brought his band, so we got to rock out too.

Anna came and picked me up, then me, barefoot and clutching her phone, and her decked out in cowboy hat got the tickets from Anthony. We got to the station when the "Doors Opened" but were stuck outside the bar. Wild 99 still has a few "bugs" to work out of this whole process so it flows smoother. We ended up standing in the back of the bar up against the wall instead of at the numerous tables up front. There also wasn't anyplace for people to dance.

Since Tiffy was driving me home, I allowed myself to slam down my alcohol instead of sipping it politely to lessen the inhibition reducing side effects.

The opening act was a local guy I'd never seen before, and frankly I wasn't too impressed. When he begged Amy Foxx, the morning Dj who's pregnant up on stage to sing Redneck Woman, and then reciprocated his own hilarious "Redneck Guy" lyrics in between verses he had found a new fan.

Brian was awesome. He started strong with songs off his first album, then followed it up with a "sing it if you know it" session. He did a lot of crowd pleasing covers and opened his encore with a cover of Superstitious.

Tiffy by this time was ready to head home, so I have to wait until the other girls post or call me to fill in the rest of the details. Tiffy reminded me I hadn't eaten and kindly brought me to McDonald's where I fed my inner child chicken McNuggets and my adult self sucked down a fruit parfait on the ride home.

No comments: