Monday, October 24, 2005

Morning After

Ahh. The morning after is always the worst. This morning I got up to check my sunrise, and then promptly fell back asleep. I missed a group meeting for my Health presentation, and now I'm skipping astronomy. Yes. That Astronomy.

The concert was fabulous. The three of us had a couple "country bumpkin" moments. Especially when some Black guy came gallivanting across the street into traffic flapping and waving his arms and Anna started locking all the car doors.

Once we found the club, we had another moment when we ran into TJ Heitz and Pete Autum from BL. The craziness continued when they found us inside the club and stood with us for Ragweed's set.

Cross Canadian Ragweed was awesome! Those guys have such energy. And Cody? Damn. I think he has some amazing guitar talent. I would love to see him jam with Keith. They played a lot of songs that I knew, it sorta sucked that so many people in the club didn't really know them.

Dierks' set was high energy, fun, and well, humorous. He was singing Settle for a Slow down and having a hard time keeping a straight face. He also reviled that it was the first time a country act had ever performed in the club, so he broke into some good 'ol Hank Senior to commemorate the occasion. He played all his singles, all the fun cuts off both albums, and included some of my favorites like So So Long, Good Things Happen, Forget About You, and My Last Name. It was also really cool to see Robbie H. on bass since I haven't seen him since he used to play for Keith's band. (Knew I'd find a way to work him in again didn't ya.)

The concert ended with a "guitar off" between Cody and Dierks's guitarist Rod. Along with Dierks proclaiming "I love you! Cross Canadian Ragweed loves you! Prince loves you!"

Anna got some slammin' pics on her camera and Tosh finished off her Birthday roll, so when either Anna finds her camera cords or Tosh gets the film developed, there'll be some pictorial evidence of us. Then we did a traditional Perkins run on the way home. Had to suck some water up to soothe those vocal cords.

No comments: