Monday, October 31, 2005

Spook Night

Friday night, Me, Tosh, Erin, and Kit after tangy sweet libations at Erin's ventured forth to the spooktacular environs of Molitor's Haunted Acres. I am totally in love with this crazy stuff. We went on a haunted hayride, down an abandoned mine shaft, through a maze thing, into a Haunted house (and I think it was a Barn thing) along with a couple other scare zones before we found ourselves warmed by the bonfire.

I don't know where to start. With our hunky "Wagon Security" guy named Tim, who incidentally spent most of his time laughing and joking with me about the screamers at the other end of the wagon. Erin let loose with the first shriek when one of the actors in a scream mask hopped up right in front of her.

We then ventured forth into the Mine Shaft, where I promptly got my boot heel stuck in a hole. It was here also where I got smacked repeatedly in the face by leather door coverings because Kit (our fearless leader and Great Male Protector) would sweep them aside and Erin would walk through, but they'd smack me. Erin and her tiny steps also guided me into slamming face first into a solid wood wall.

Another highlight from the night comes courtesy of the Haunted House. We managed to corner ourselves in this room with a woman who was chained to the wall, but her entire body had been eaten. With both Kit and I banging on the walls, we couldn't figure out which way was out. So we turned to the Lady and asked for help. She just banged her fists on the walls while I shrieked, "Great. She can't talk!" Eventually we figured out her banging was pointing us back out the door we came in and down another hallway.

Apparently, I lose all brain function in places like these. As we're walking down this dim hallway I spy an actor standing off to the side. "Look!" I shout. "A man made of bones. What are those called again?" Five minutes later I shriek "skeleton!" and laugh maniacally at my stupidity.

The last bit of excitement came when a dragon popped his head out of a wall and breathed his foggy breath right when I had my mouth open. That stuff tastes like CRAP! And to make matters worse, I'd just applied my chapstick, so the entire way out of the building I was carrying on about how nasty it was and how it was stuck to my lips. We walked through this cornfield type thing (where Kit kept scaring Erin by rattling the stalks) and I was spitting the entire way.

Afterwards, we made our way to JP's for a congenial beer courtesy of The Man In The Sexy Hat (that would be Kit. Who's hat attracted LOTS of employee attention.) and after deciding we were too tired for more live entertainment and Toshia is a bottomless pit, we made a Perkins run. It was nice, fun, and spooky, yet no costumes were involved.

No comments: