Wednesday, November 16, 2005

The CMA's

Wow. It was a big night for so many people. I was so excited to hear about Lee Ann's sweeps of the album award. I'm glad some of the more traditional sounding music got some awards if just to try and halt the badmouthing that goes on over at the award boards. I do think Sugarland should have picked up something this year, because there's was phenomenal, however Dierks does deserve a Horizon award, and Gretch really deserved it last year.

I think this is going to end up being my rant about the country music industry and fans in general, instead of my congrats spiel. There are so many on the boards unhappy because so and so didn't get an award they "deserved." Or the artists that won aren't "country artists." Although if you ask Shauna I'm sure she'll give you a VERY different story. I think the problem with many fans right now is that there's a changing of the guard. The top selling acts are no longer the class of '89, but those that got their break in the business in the mid to later '90s.

I'll even bring it back to Keith who's being brutally attacked by rabid Toby, Kenny, and Alan fans for his EOTY: There isn't any good music or bad music, but music you like, and music you don't.

There's plenty of music in this world, so listen to what you like and STOP COMPLAINING!

No comments: