Thursday, November 17, 2005

KC's New Disc

Of all the new music I could be listening to, right now I'm hooked on The Road and The Radio. (give it a listen at CMT.com's Listening Party page)

It's got a different sound for a typical Kenny Chesney album. The guitars are louder and they're right out front, very much like a Keith album, but it meshes so well with KC's typical themes, his lyrics, and the overall message of this album. There are so many great songs to groove to (like Living in Fast Forward) but my two favorites are Summertime (which is my Favorite time of the year) and Tequila Loves Me (which I haven't actually drank outside of a fruity drink so I'm not sure if it does).

This is a great road trip album, or even one for party background music, homework music like I'm using it right now, or music to warm up a winter day. I think I just associate Kenny with No shoes, no shirt, so that's where my warm up comes. It's either that or thinking about those abs and pecs.

No comments: