Monday, November 28, 2005

Small Town Friday Night

Every year on the Friday following Thanksgiving, my parents' town hosts "Light Up The Night" where all the businesses turn on their Christmas lights at once and there's a parade along with other festivities.

Once again my mom volunteered to do the Chamber float. Once again, I drove Santa and Mrs. Clause.

This year was slightly different though. It starts with the fact that Dad had the Jeep Willy in the parade as Hot Spot's float and he wired his stereo speakers up to the radio. Then he put in this mixed Christmas CD I had burned last Christmas.

So we're waiting in line for the parade to start and some awesome Christmas tunes are playing and it's freezing as all hell. Oh, and I had these really cute huge flashing light up rings on because we were tossing them for the parade. Lined up in front of us is Last year's basket ball team, of which I really don't know anybody.

Then, "Hula Hoop" came on. I of course start dancing and spinning around in the middle of the street singing at the top of my lungs. Fortunately Mel joined me. Vanessa just shook her head and said, "I wonder what SHE was deprived of as a child."

Oh, and this year, instead of the Cars, I rocked out to The Beach Boys and Garth Brooks.

No comments: