Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Ten Firsts

1. First Best Friend(s): Jamie - She used to practically live at my house.

2. First Major Purchase: I financed my own bicycle when I was in fifth grade saving up for months to get it. It's a pink and white ten speed. I still own it and ride it, even if it's now beaten to hell.

3. First Pet: Jack-E-Boy. He was a puppy. I was a baby. My parents had their hands full.

4. First Piercing: My ears for my 6th birthday. I'm sure I screamed my head off at the mall. I got these cute gold and garnet studs and then complained forever because I had to leave them in for six weeks or whatever.

5. First Crush: When I was four I was convinced I was going to marry my cousin Bobby. Then I was sure it would be Zack Morris from Saved By The Bell.

6. First CD: Alanis Morisette's Jagged Little Pill. I was such a little feminist in 6th grade. Actually I was a Girl Scout, but it laid some ground work.

7. First Car: My parent's '87 Olds Celebrity Wagon AKA the short bus, which sported a gigantic dent in the passenger side and a door that didn't open.

8. First Love: Reading. Gotcha didn't I? Ya'll were thinking I'd talk about a boy. Nope. I think reading has been one of the very first loves in my life, maybe even ranking before my sisters.

9. First Stuffed Animal: I'm not sure, but I'm pretty sure Telly is one of my longest running stuffed animals. He's a dog that's named after Telly Monster from Sesame Street.

10. First Date: Me and Tyler took our confirmation class out for ice cream and since all I got was a strawberry starkiss, I was his "real cheap date." It's either that or Tim walking me home from school everyday in third grade. Just think about how my life would be different if his parents never moved to Texas.

No comments: