Monday, February 27, 2006

Goin' Downtown

So, Saturday afternoon I was lying around the apartment being as lazy as possible when Anna gave me a call asking me if I wanted to go to Minneapolis with her for Kelly's 21st Birthday party. Since I'm always game for a good time, I said sure.

I tooled down to BL and picked up my mail. Then I watched Forest Gump with her mom and sister while Anna got directions for us. This of course meant I had an enlightening conversation about just what kind of trouble girls my age can get into (wink, wink. nudge, nudge).

So we decided to take Anna's truck and rocketed down to the cities listening to Wild 99's Saturday Dance Ranch show. Only to show up at the hotel and do our own version of the Daytona 500 looking for parking in the parking ramp (that we couldn't get out of because we needed a token).

Kelly's party was at the Embassy Suites, so we headed up the elevator to the rooms after many stops and starts (and some help from some guy on the street), where I met the girls. Some of whom I recognized from State. We got ready, partied it up, danced, whooped, took pictures, and generally started the buzz going.

Then we headed downstairs for the limo. Which wasn't there. So we huddled in the building lobby playing with the revolving door until Tamera and Kelly got our limo driver Nole on the phone.

So we showed up at Spin in a swanked out limo and got the VIP treatment right into the club. Which was an absolute blast. We danced, laughed, talked, shook our asses, and got Mardi Gras beads. I'm not sure who or how, but I ended up with a drink. At one point, Anna, Brittany, and Me got separated from everyone else and we ended up in the swirling mass of gyrating bodies that made up the main dance floor. This was lots of fun, but also a bit of work since the three of us attracted a couple of Indian (dots not feathers as Shauna would say) guys. They were kinda getting friendly (I personally feel that unless I give you express permission, I am the only one who can stick their hands in my pockets. Thank you.) and we had to shake them off. This was accomplished by crossing the entire dance floor. Anna was now on her second drink at the club (a long island) which she promptly dropped on the floor. Glass and all.

Not too much later, we met up with the rest of the girls and trooped outside to await Nole and our chariot. This is when Kel, Anna, Ashley, and all the rest of us girls had a rousing pole dance with the light post to the Pussycat Doll's Don'tcha. Kel, who stole some guys shirt, fell in the street. And Anna was her lovey-dovey self kissing and hugging everybody. Even some girl that was standing next to us calling for a cab. I'm pretty sure Anna simply mistook her for one of the group. I mean there were 11 of us hot sexy babes out on the make.

Nole returned us to the hotel were there was some catching up about what happened at the club, after pictures, and drunken phone calls. Or in my case, a very buzzed phone call to Toshia at like two in the morning.

The next morning, we weren't doing too bad. Just some headaches. And body aches. I'm sure Anna's were worse than mine because she slept on the floor most of the night. Or at least unil I woke up to her slugging me and telling me to scoot over. The hotel served a complimentary breakfast, but the smell of toast permeating the hotel made me want to yak, so we just took off.

The car ride was mostly made up of Anna exclaiming how dirty Minneapolis looked, singing along to the radio, eating breath mints, and taking deep breaths of fresh air. By the time we got back to BL all traces of my hangover were gone. So I stopped at McD's and got a breakfast bagel and made my way back to St. Cloud where I promptly planted my ass on the couch and read for the rest of the day.

Thanks Kel, for letting me show up with Anna. It was a blast.

No comments: