Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Procrastinated Paper Blues

I am so sick of this paper. I know. Every time I write a paper, I'm sick of it. I think my problem with this one is that I've spent so much time planning it, that now that I've got it almost complete, I'm second guessing myself.

This is not one of my happy papers. It it not one where when I finish I'm going to go: "HA! I Nailed That Bastard!" It's going to be a "Thank GOD this professor doesn't really know how well I write because I'd SO be getting an F." Well, not an F, but a C. As it stands right now, I think it's totally a C paper. SO not what I want to be turning in for this class.

And what am I doing right now? That's right. Putting myself down in my blog instead of going back and hammering out the last two pages I have to write. And the sad part? I know exactly what's wrong and what she's going to tell me. I ended up sort of marrying two of the prompts together, so while my thesis is clear, my argument isn't tight, my support is vague, and my organization is sorta choppy. And am I going to fix this before it get's turned in for feedback? Prolly not. Because I'm a lazy idiot.

Do you think I could talk her into reading my blog and then grading accordingly? Because seriously, as much as I want an A on this paper and this class, I don't think I deserve it right now. But maybe I have too high of expectations for myself. Are my expectations too high? Am I really too harsh with my self? Or am I just really paranoid because we've been talking about self-biases in my Personality Psych class where people are more likely to attribute their success to their talents and blame their failures on the situation.

But here I am explaining how I'm being a procrastination Queen, and how my paper really sucks on my effort. Does that mean I'm the exception and not the rule? Or is my stupid Soc Psych Attribution Error crap coming in now?

OHMIGOD! I'm psychoanalyzing myself. What a freaking FRUIT CAKE!

No comments: