Monday, February 13, 2006

She May Be Super Skinny and Snagged "my man" But I Like Her Insight

Single Secret #4: It's OK to be picky.

Romantic road-testing isn't just fun - it's crucial, she reckons. And after years of singledom post-Tom, (And let's take a minute to point out that he's a total FREAK! No wonder she's going about it slowly now.) Nicole hasn't let her high standards drop. The question is: will Keith Urban meet them?

Nicole says: "When you get the taste of being with someone again, you can get lured back into a relationship quite quickly. I think we all want someone. But it's nice to want it instead of need it.

"I think it's got to be about looking for someone to walk alongside, rather than going, 'Oh this is someone who can fix everything, who is the answer to everything.' I think it's just whether or not you find that person - because I think there's probably a whole bunch of them - and it's a question of whether your paths cross at the time when they should.

"Because a lot of it is timing. That's something you have to give over to. You can't control it.

"You can tell yourself, 'I'd rather have somebody than nobody' or 'Oh well, they'll make a good companion or be someone to grow old with.' But I'd rather be alone than in something that I felt compromised in. I want to be able to give everything."

No comments: