Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Tristan Prettyman - Twentythree

I first heard of Tristan Prettyman in a newspaper album review and realized that I may or maynot dig her stuff, but it was something to give a listen to.

After giving Twentythree a listen. I can confirm that she's not that bad. I know. Weak praise. But all the tracks are of the laidback/melodic singer/songwriter schtick. There are some fabulous tunes there, but nothing to dance to or sing along with. I used it as background music for my homework reading.

My favorite track was "Shy That Way" her colaboration with Jason Mraz. I could totally see this used on a movie or TV soundtrack, and is the track I'd most likely download. Other contenders would include "The Story" and "Simple As It Should Be" for their lyrical content. I also enjoyed the single "love love love" and the track titled "Breathe" but I'm not sure I'd want to plunk a chunk of change down for it.

No comments: