Monday, September 18, 2006

How I Met The Mormons

So I was heading over to the public library to get some of my books on hold when I got hailed by these two guys on the street. They said, "Hi!' and yadda yadda yadda.

Anyhow. They were these two guys for the Mormon church walking around and trying to proseltize their religion. They of course wanted to know if I was religious and stuff. Then proceeded to relate to me how Mormons really respect Martin Luther.

I, of course, at some point am going to have to teach developing minds about the worlds religions so I stopped for a bit of a "getting to know Mormonism" session. Then I found out I know a shocking amount of information about the Church of Latter Day Saints. When he asked if I knew that their church was founded here in the U.S. and I said yes, you could totally tell that he was trying to fastforward his script to his next selling point.

Then after the religious discussion was over they made cracks about my footwear. Apparently Minnesota weather is too changeable for a couple of Idaho (Idahoians? Idahoees? Idahoanites?) natives.

No comments: