Tuesday, September 12, 2006

I Wonder. . .

If Ian thinks I talk too much. We have this one class together that's all about student generated discussion, and I totally got worked up in there about what teacher's should do when they have to teach something that goes against their personal values (try to teach it objectively as possible and ask the students to critically analyze it. Duh. Ethically, teachers should be teaching based on the students' needs, not their own values/agenda/interests).

This of course finally sparked some classroom debate, but also loosened my tongue to talk about ALL the questions. It wasn't like I interrupted anyone, was disrespectful, or talked out of turn, but the prof did give everyone a talking to about how it was a discussion based class and not everyone participated.

No comments: