Sunday, December 10, 2006

Crazy Snowboard Metal Head

In the name of cultural exchange (snort) and friendship, Erin went to see Dierks Bentley with me. This weekend I returned the favor and saw Otep. After a fun, exhilarating, and slightly tragic scenic route to the venue, me and Erin made it to Minneapolis in time to catch part of the Holidazzle parade and the opening acts.

The show was fun and intense. And even though I looked like a snowboarder in my barbie t-shirt I was still totally cool. Or at least cooler than the Dad behind us who accompanied his fourteen year old and was probably an Eric Clapton fan. Plus another guy was wearing an orange shirt.

I even got to make history for Nick since I was the first girl whose number he'd ever gotten before he knew her name. But he was nice and talked about his mom. And I didn't have to knock Erin into him either for an introduction. (But damn it. It would have worked!)

Otep was awesome and intense and a lot more than I really bargained for. I had a great night and I love Erin's parents who do things like cook me soup and argue football with me. I am so blessed in my friends.

No comments: