Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Smokin'

This mid morning, I finished reading Where There's Smoke by Sandra Brown. Toshia actually Read this one first, so when she gets to reading this she can yea or nay my analysis.

The story involves the Tackett family and their oil empire. Lara Mallory is the town's new doctor and she ended up in this small Texas town because of sex scandal with now dead Clark Tackett. Mother Jody wants to drive Lara from town. Enter Key, the younger son, who's a hell raiser and a pilot and prone to needing medical attention. (here for more)

I've only read a handful of Brown's work, but this one was solid. I did experience a bit of deja vu in the begining of the book, but eventually when I couldn't recall what happens next I realized I hadn't read it before. I am pretty adapt at these suspense books now so I think that might be why that happened. I caught most of her hints about the end but the true revelations about the coup de tat in Central America was a suprise.

I'd vote it as a nice afternoon read. Not boring, but not "ohmilord" either. Three out of four stars.

I should come up with my own raiting system. Oh the projects to do...


No comments: