Monday, October 04, 2004

Hum-in-a Hum-in-a Hum-in-a

I don't feel like starting on doing anything productive. I really should. Like Ed Psych homework and such. Ew. Don't have the feel for it yet.

Did some unpacking from this weekend. Really wishing I had a pumpkin to carve or something. I always loved doing that. I think Halloween is my second favorite holiday. It's always been something I looked forward to and never let pass up.

The thing I find funniest is that neither of my favorite holidays revolve around gift giving. Or even really getting stuff. The fourth of July is all about fireworks and grilling hotdogs and the birth of our country. Halloween is darker, colder, deader. I love the costumes and folklore, and of course those caramel apples. Candy is more of a little kids thing now. I haven't trick or treated since. Well, prolly senoir year of highschool or so, mebbe it was junior year. I was a pirate. Must have been junior year. Senior year I was a bar wench and we toasted Toshia's grass skirt at Matt's house.

I should go clean something. Hum. I love this song. I'm listening to the Stones today. I guess they're really not autumn music, but classic rock just might be the music of my soul. Along with country, and blue grass, and some of that celtic stuff. Oh and bagpipes. God I love those.

No comments: