Thursday, October 07, 2004

Where's hazardous to my what?

This article was really interesting. Well, it wasn't a best selling novel and it wasn't exciting, but it wasn't something I've ever thought about before.

After reading it and thinking it over, I can see where suburban living could be a problem. Back when I lived in CH I did walk an awful lot. I walked to school, to the stripmall, to friends houses, to McDonalds, K-mart, the gas station. I also was too young to have a car, but I think I'd definately have still walked alot even if I hadn't moved.

Here at SCSU I walk alot on campus and sometimes over to the historic downtown, which is close by. The real downtown however is too far to walk so I normally drive there. I suspose I could take the bus and do somewalking, but that seems strange to do for some reason. I mean It's not like I'm doing anything different. I'd still be sitting on my butt. Oh well. Interesting bit of info.


No comments: