Thursday, November 11, 2004

Country's Biggest Night

Some people bet on ball games. Others bet on races.

Me?

I bet on award shows.

In the past, me and Toshia have split it in weird ways. I win a couple, She wins a couple. At the CMA's we tied it. Not by betting on the same things, but tied we managed to be.

I had problems with the televison and missed the first two hours of the show, however, I got to see exactly what I wanted.

My biggest moment came when they announced Keith Urban Male Vocalist of the Year. He's such a humble guy and didn't expect to win. You could really tell. You can see a video clip of him accepting it here. Just click on you're prefered player.

Another thing that makes Keith a real upstanding guy is that even though he doesn't do the whole computer letter to his fans that some artist manage, he still replied to our thread of congratulations on his fanboard.

Another award I was exctied about was Kenny Chesney's Entertainer Award. He truely deserves that award. He tries to make his shows a big event to attend and the laid back party atmosphere at them gives that vibe of the hard working, hard playing guy that you come to see. I though it was really crappy of CBS to cut him off. They over run ball games, and politics, and other award shows including Miss America, why can't the CMA's and Kenny get the same respect. Besides all the local news kept saying they'd be on after the Award show, why can't CBS respect that? It's not like he was going to Janet Jackson Superbowl everybody. Men are allowed to do that, only women aren't because our boobs are bigger sometimes.

No comments: