Thursday, November 04, 2004

What to do on a Thursday night?

I did what any girl would do....I watched Joey, because that's the only prime time sitcom worth watching except for ER which is on now.

What did I do in the hour and half in between? I watched Regency House Party, which I taped off of PBS last night/this morning. I guess it's going to be on for like nine weeks. I really thought it was great to watch.

A bunch of 21st century Londoners are cooped up in a Regency era mansion refurbished to the height of Regency Beauty. Each person (no professional actors) have been given the role of a person, and they are out to look for the best possible marrage match.

The host of the house is cute, but knows he attractive as hell. The other guys aren't really beautiful looking to modern standards, but their accents are to die for. The Hostess is a bitch, which is great to watch. A couple of the other girls are really, uh, restricted by the strictures of polite socitey.

I don't know if they have it in them to hack it. I of course do. I've read The Corset Diaries. I can do anything. And being a bored lady of leisure is a snap.

No comments: