Friday, January 21, 2005

Classes

I've now experienced all of my classes except for my jam packed Wednesday night afternoonish classes.

My Intro to Sociology class is going to be interesting. Besides the fact that it has a lot of second semester freshman and interesting topics, it also has one of the girls I graduated High school with. One of those people who's lauded as "nice to everyone." I will be fun to see how much she ignores me.

My Immigrates class is going to be a blast, I can already tell. There's going to be LOTS of reading (Like having 17 books for the semester doesn't tip anyone off) but there's going to be fun projects, like movie field trips and a family history paper. I also already have a paper due on Monday for this class, which is what I'll be doing as soon as I'm done here. Maybe.

My China class is going to be really interesting. The professor is what you expect a history professor to be like, look like, talk like. And we have lots of international students in our class, mostly those from Japan looking to learn more about their neighbors. That would be like Me going to a class about Canada. Actually, that sounds like a lot of fun.

My other two classes are Theories and Concepts of History, and Ethnic Studies: Native Americans in the Social Studies Curriculum. I won't know more about them till Wednesday, but already I know that I'm going to be swamped with papers. It's a good thing I'm long winded and full of hot air.

No comments: