Thursday, January 20, 2005

Read Here if you ever want to become the sole focus of attention.

Last night, me and Tosh got the hell out of Dodge. We ran to Embers for fuel, and then visited the Promised Land. Well, we went to Barnes & Noble to sniff book glue.

Besides loading up on new titles to check out at the library, holding my self to just one book (KatieMac's newest), and having a giggle fest when Keolia noticed me, but not Tosh, I became the center of attention at the check out counter.

I hand the not cute, but not ugly, cashier guy my book, and write up my check. Then he askes the dreded "can I see you're driver's license?" question.

Wait, you say. Didn't you just have a birthday? Shouldn't you're picture now be a stellar representation of you're very legal self?

Yes. It is all of that. AND in the new, weird, and ugly driver's licesnse mode.

I had three cashiers and the four people in line behind me checking it out. At one point, the manager guy even joked, "everyone gather around and gawk at Lisa's driver's license."

And that is my Barnes & Noble story.

No comments: