Sunday, February 13, 2005

Ever bench press a bus?

I think I now have.

It all started with Toshia and Anna's double date yesterday when they borrowed my car and somehow managed to knock one of the windows off the track. I now had a broken car that needed to be fixed.

And no one to fix it. Unlike some college girls, I have my own personal mechanics: my dad (in Nodak at the moment), my Uncle Peter (vacationing in Florida this week), and my dad's friend Dave (who hasn't returned my call yet.) This led to me living dangerously....Leaving my open, but locked car in the campus parking-lot overnight.

This morning, Me and Becky trekked it to BL to store my broken Isabelle until she could be repaired. Once there, we managed to get Becky's car stuck in the only snow bank around. After I pushed, shoved, and broke a shovel, we got the car free...

...To which she managed to back into the only patch of ice in a ten mile radius. Another half hour of pushing, shoving, and cursing ensued. Her car is a Neon. They are heavy as hell. My car is an Eagle Summit. I can knock it out of a snowbank by myself in less than five minutes. It's been tested.

I finished the trip three pairs of shoes later, with wet jeans, wet shirt, dirty faced, and wet sloppy haired, craving Code Red Mountain Dew.

Bench press a bus some day. I recommend it.

No comments: