Thursday, September 22, 2005

The Modern Day Guitar God

It was FABULOUS!!!

Of course I'm taking about my Keith concert Tuesday night. I'm sure nobody wants the minute by minute rundown like Toshia got today, so I'll gloss over the finer parts.

-Even though we were in the balcony, our seats rocked. I could have hit him with a baseball, and Lord knows I can't throw worth a darn.

-Miranda Lambert is an amazing singer/songwriter and she did a rockin' cover of Hillbilly Highway. I even got her autograph.

-Keith sings a mean version of Jolene.

-Vanessa is currently in possession of my envy. One of the roadies gave her one of Keith's guitar pics. She is much enamored with his dancing guitar monkey.

-Jerry Flowers (Keith's bassist and a former Ranch member) has some stunning vocal chops that proves Steven Tyler isn't the only one who can wail that way. Plus, I got to see Keith slamming on those drums.

-Keith turned Chris R. (One of his guitarists who had a family emergency and couldn't make the show)'s guitar tech into a Rock Star in 2.5 seconds.

-No matter how many times I've seen him, this man's music is passionate, fresh, invigorating, and inspirational. And he has crazy good guitar skills. He just blows me away.

No comments: