Thursday, September 22, 2005

The Pee Tree

As many of you know, Izzy has been having problems lately. Well, just when I think she's all fixed and I attempt to drive to my parent's house, the shit-ith hit-ith the fan. Ith.

My car died at the gas pump in Wapeton and I flexed my girly muscles moving her all by my onesie. Then after homeworking for an hour she started right up and carried me another 80 miles or so before dying in the 13 & 1 intersection.

This time however, I had to pee and there wasn't a handy gas station to do it in. So, I had to use the ditch. Lucky for me, it was really steep, covered in knee high grass, and had some trees. Unlucky for me, 13 & 1 is apparently really busy at about 8 pm.

Once all they vehicles quit flying past me, I stomped my way down the ditch and behind the tree row. I unbutton my pants, ready to drop, when this deer comes bounding out of the tree row behind me.

I slap myself in the face at the irony, and get down to business. I pick out a sturdy looking tree for support so I can squat and not water my feet. It seems however, that my support tree was also the meeting place for every bird in the county. As I'm peeing, I glance up and flocks and flocks of birds are fleeing their former perch.

Me and animals. I tell ya.

No comments: