Monday, November 07, 2005

Austen Actor Rant

Today I was checking out the Entertainment page on MSN and saw "Passion and 'Pride' But can new 'Prejudice' replace Firth version with viewers? "

WHAT?

Yes Keira's new and updated version CAN replace the one with Colin Firth.

I HATE COLIN FIRTH!!!

There I've said it. Give me the old black and white version any day. If there is one thing that can get me going is that on every romance site ever, they praise Colin Firth as a Jane Austin god.

"Oh he's so dreamy."

"He looks so fabulous in those old archaic fashions that were kinda unflattering toward men."

"Oh isn't he so romantic."

Please, you're making me puke. Geh. He isn't attractive and has the acting skills of a cardboard box. I do agree that the actor playing Darcy should be a 'nummy Brit. That's a given. But not that god-awful Colin Firth.

And not Hugh Grant either. Although I do love Hugh, I totally see him in that playboy role. The fun London rake. NOT a Darcy at all.

I have a nose for 'nummy foreign actors (of course this is my personal opinion, but who has better taste than Moi when it comes to leading men I ask ya? That's right. Nobody.). And some like Hugh Dancy, Luke Mably, and Aussie Joel Edgerton come to mind. But as of the new Pride trailers, I think the casting directors have it right. The new Darcy is dark, handsome, alpha, and broody. Who is he? I'm not sure yet, but he can totally hang on my wall. Even better yet, he's not whinny wimpy looking Colin "I look like a wuss with a stick up my ass" Firth.

No comments: