Monday, February 20, 2006

Book Slut

Lisa Kleypas's new book Devil in Winter is coming out next week, and I'm on the edge of my seat because I LOVE Evie and everything I've heard so far point to this becoming my Fav Lisa hero (right now, I'm totally in love with Jack. Ah, Jack. Tosh do you remember Jack?).

I've been all hepped up about the new Rachel Gibson book, Sex, Lies, and Online Dating, but I finished that this weekend. And now, because of that damned snippet in the back of the book, I'm waiting with abated breath for Claire's story.

This is my problem with books. Well, maybe not books, but my favorite authors. I want them to write like speed demons. I want them to write as fast as I read. Hell, sometimes I wish I could write as fast as I read (especially when it comes to writing English papers which drafts are due today). But I respect that some people are just slow (Hello! Moi, here is a absolute turtle). That's why unlike Toshia, I juggle bunches of authors and bunches of release dates and stay up till four in the morning reading regularly.

Once I start reading, I have trouble stopping. It's like an addiction. I'm addicted to reading. I'm addicted to putting things on hold at the library. I'm addicted to buying books. I'm addicted to writing down every single title and author that strikes my fancy in the book section of Target. I'm addicted to the websites and blogs of my favorite authors.

It has been said before, and it will be said again: I am a book slut.

Now what are you going to do about it?

No comments: