Friday, February 17, 2006

The Cold, Barney, and Personal Safety

It's currently -12 degrees out right now. It was colder when I trekked to work, but brrr is the only way I can really describe my hike across campus to the apartment after class today. I, of course, showed both my stupidity, laziness, and how oblivious I really can be. I switched over to my warmer coat, but I didn't bring my hat or gloves.

This is where Barney comes into play. And yes, I'm talking about the annoying giant purple dinosaur who was played by a woman (and voiced over by a man). On his show, they have this song (and I have no idea which one it is) but the kids sing it with these giant umbrellas painted like little ducklings. Baby beaks and all. That is what I feel like when I wear the hood on my coat, like a little duckling.

The thing just flops over my head and protects my whole head, forehead included. On days like today, that's perfect. Except I have a very small line of sight, so anybody could jump me and well, the possibilities of what could happen are endless. Especially if you're wearing shoes meant for nice spring-ish summer weather and carting a backpack filled with boulders (I mean books).

No comments: