Sunday, February 12, 2006

Confession

Does anybody remember how I said I can't stand James Taylor? Well I can't. I think the man was a total sleaze and even though the music industry consists of a bunch of loobys that should belong in a circus or a psychiatrists office (Shauna can totally back me up on this), I really don't like James Taylor as a person.

But I like some of his music.

I said it. I did. Infact, I feel so guilty about this that I spent ten minutes trying to explain it to Toshia on the phone this morning. You know, like Eminem. I think the man is an awesome wordsmith and I love singing a long to a couple of his songs. How can anyone NOT love Loose Yourself (Aside from Shauna)?

Apparently, I don't have to feel guilty because Toshia deadpans, "Lisa, you like girl bashing songs. Do you feel guilty about that?" Well, no. But it's not quite the same thing. For some reason, I can not equate my liking James Taylor songs with that of Eminem and "You're mom's a whore." Is this just a weird guilty thing in my brain, or is there some serious hypocrisy going on?

No comments: